According to Civil Registration department, to replace a lost birth certificate, one must sign up or log in to the eCitizen account. or make an personal physical application at Huduma centers across the country
To Replace a Lost or damaged Birth Certificate in Kenya can be done online in the applicants eCitizen account following the procedure as follows,
Online Application for a certified copy of a birth certificate in Kenya,
- Log into your eCitizen account.
- Scroll to Civil Registration Of Persons.
- Click on Current Birth Certificate.
- On the Application for Current Birth Certificate page, click Next.
- On the applicant's details page, select:
- Type of Application: Replacement Birth Certificate.
- Pickup Location: Choose your best location.
- Residential Address: Insert your residential location.
- Child's Details:
- Is the Child over 18 years of Age? Yes (As applicable).
- Was the Child Born in a Health Facility? Yes (or as applicable).
- County of Birth: Nairobi (As applicable).
- Hospital of Birth in Nairobi County: Pumwani Hospital (or as applicable).
- Name of the Child for Kenyan citizens or Alien card holders:
- ID Number
- Identification type
- First Name (The system shall pull up your details)
- Date of Birth *
- Gender of Child
- Parents' Information:
- Parents Information
- National ID of mother
- If you don't have the birth notification, please attach scanned copies of the following documents:
- Scanned copy of Notification of Birth
- Attached scan of the birth certificate
- Attach scan of Parents' Identification Document
Manual Application for Replacement Birth Certificate in Kenya
You can also make a physical application for replacement of a lost birth record in Kenya
- Visit Huduma Centre and bring a copy of the birth notification.
- Fill in the application form (form B1) and submit it together with
- original birth notification
- original IDs
- IDs of both parents
- t would help if you also had the birth certificates of both parents
- Pay the required fee, which ranges between Kshs 50-180
- Wait for a notification from the civil registry
Requirments for application of a certified copy Birth certificate in Kenya.
- The notification of birth from the hospital or clinic card.
- Original national ID card
- Passports, National ID or birth certificates of the parents.
- If any of the parents are dead, you will be required to present their death certificate.
- Your baptismal card.
- A printout from the National Registration Bureau if you can’t access your parents’ IDs
How long does it take to get a copy of birth certificate in Kenya?
The application for a certified copy of a birth certificate in kenya takes an average of two weeks to process.
Duplicate Birth certificate Kenya.