Biz Brokers Kenya guides and assists you in the process for application of a Postal and courier operator license in Kenya
The application for a license to operate a postal or courier service in Kenya is elaborate and is guided by the CAK(Communications Authority of Kenya).
Requirements for registration of a Courier license in Kenya.
- Cover letter to the Director Licensing, compliance and standards on the company letterhead highlighting your intentions.
- Copy of certificate of registration.
- Copy of Memorandums of a company or constitution or other bodied document of the applicant organization.
- If a limited company – a current CR12. (List of directors) NB, Foreign owned companies must have a minimum of 30% Kenyan shareholding.
- Company or Business PIN certificate.
- Tax compliance certificate in case of old company.
- Registered office of the company. Details of physical office. – Name of Building, name of road, general location, town, county.
- Copies of ID of the proprietor/s , directors or officials. (Passport copies in case of Foreign directors)
- Contact information of the company. – Postal address, email address telephone number.
- Contact information of the directors, officials. – Postal addresses, email address, telephone numbers.
- A Business plan of the company or Business. The Business plan should highlight the Service network, market to be services, business expansion proposals for at least 3 years and a general guideline of the Business.
- The application form.
Upon presentation of the application and the requested documents. The application process shall be undertaken.
- Application fee. Kshs 5,000 (For National courier operator)
- License Fee Kshs 30,000 (Or 0.4% of annual turnover of audited accounts. Whichever is higher.)
Contact us for further information and guidance.
Starting a Courier Business in Kenya
For more information contact is on firstname.lastname@example.org
Business compliance is our specialty, Business startup is our passion. We are in the Business of Business.
Courier operator Business in Kenya