A Foreign National Certificate, are commonly referred to Alien Cards in Kenya. All foreign nationals who have been residing in Kenya for a continuous period of at least 3 months and have a valid immigration permit or a Dependant pass or permanent residence are required to be register and be issued with an alien card.
The alien card is an identification document issued by the immigration department showing the status of the immigration during their stay in Kenya.
Biz Brokers Kenya assists and guides through the Foreign National Certificate application an registration process in kenya,
Requirements for Alien card registration in Kenya
All applications for foreign Nationals certificate are done Online via the FNS system upon issuance of a permit
- Copy of valid passport bio data page of permit holder.
- Proof of residence.
- Copy of immigration permit
- Copy of permanent residency
- Copy of dependent
- Copy of Student pass
- Colored current passport photographs (white background)
- Copy of previous alien card for renewal.
- Payment of application fee.
- Duly filled Form 50
Process for Registration of Alien card in Kenya.
- Execution and signing of Form 50
- Load the application via the FNS portal.
- Booking of an appointment for submission of application
- Receiving, verifying and approving application documents presented by foreign national on the appointment day.
- Processing of biometrics attributes (facial features and Finger prints of the applicant.
- Issue of waiting slip to applicant pending production of foreigner certificate
- The applicant is notified to collect their card once ready via the account used to submit the application
- The production of the card may take unto 2 months.
How long does it take to get an alien card in Kenya?
After processing you application and bio metrics, the production of an alien card may take an average of one to 3 months.
Persons exempted from Foreign National Registration.
- A Serving member of the armed forces posted in Kenya.
- An embassy/consular staff posted in Kenya as well as their spouse and children
- A person exempted from the provisions of the Act under section 34(3) of the Act
- A refugee registered under the refugee Act 2006
- A person is resident in Kenya for a period not exceeding three months and possesses a valid visitors pass or special pass.
How long is an Foreign Nationals Registration Certificate or Alien Card valid in Kenya?
Generally an alien card is issued for a validity period of two years
How much is the cost for Alien card registration>
- First time application fee Kes 2000.
- Renewal or lost card Kes 1000.
Foreign National certificate registration Kenya.